How Online Marketers in Nairobi Create a Winning Marketing Strategy
How will you maintain/grow your business? What actions will you put in place to keep your business on track? In short, what internet marketing strategy will you choose for your online business in Nairobi?
Like the majority of entrepreneurs in Nairobi, your main concern is to find new customers to live from your business. Loyalty is also at the heart of the actions you need to put in place. As for the competition, it is sometimes a source of anxiety …
In spite of these more than legitimate concerns, maybe you are afraid of making the necessary investments to reach your goals … It is a mistake, because the inaction of today, can put in danger your activity to longer term.
To help you get started, here are 8 simple tips to help you create your marketing strategy. But first let us hear what my guest, Adam has to say about digital marketing.
Set a budget for your web marketing strategy
As we have seen above, attracting new customers and building loyalty are your main concerns. How much money should be spent on this goal? What budget to allocate to your marketing strategy?
Whenever you plan to invest in your web marketing strategy, consider the return on investment. At the same time allow yourself to test and cheat sometimes.
The most important thing is not to close the door on novelties! New tools, new methods are coming out regularly and you have to look for what is best for your business.
Have a simple and effective website
Your website is an essential part of your digital marketing strategy. It is the point of entry through which it is easiest to contact you and find out what you are doing.
Perhaps you will think that I preach for my parish :-), but make your website a priority! Whether you need to create it or update it, do not put it aside.
Regularly visit your website with the following points in mind:
- Useful information to contact you must be visible and complete. Do not settle for the contact page or the relevant page, this information must be legible on all pages of your site.
- Design an attractive interface and easy to use. Invest in a modern and attractive site with simple navigation. Your website represents you on the web and must give a professional image.
- Use the right keywords. When writing your content, include keywords that your target might use when searching for your products or services.
- Ensure your content regularly updated. It must remain relevant to the people who visit your site. Developing an editorial calendar will help you keep pace and stick as close as possible to events in your industry and your business (parties, promotions, birthdays, product launches, …)
- Monitor your statistics. Pay particular attention to the following information:
- where do your visitors come from?
- how they found you,
- what they do when they are on your site.
- This will allow you to stick to the expectations of your visitors, to improve the user experience by updating your navigation and your content
Have a responsive website
More and more Internet users use smartphones and tablets to browse the internet, so your site must be adapted to these media. As from September last year, Google uses a mobile-first index in producing results. That means you need to have a mobile-ready version.
So depending on the type of users who visit your business, it’s smart to have a responsive website that looks great on both mobile and desktop.
- What does digital marketing include?
- How Does SEO and Social Media Work Together?
- Top 5 Changes in Digital Marketing for Kenyans
Data is your friend
- Look in your analytics which users visit your site and which pages they at stop the most?
- Build, taking into account your observations, a specific site for mobile screens. If useful, you can develop a site dedicated only to mobile users, lighter than the classic version, with fewer pages.
- Make calls to action and buttons readable, even on small screens.
Let us see what you can do with FREE analytics tools from GOOGLE.
Manage negative reviews
Online comments play a central role in whether or not your prospects are buying. Close to word of mouth, consumers place importance on testimonials and comments.
According to a study of 29,000 consumers in 58 countries, 70% of consumers trust online reviews, making it an attractive promotional tool.
Given this information, an entrepreneur needs to set up processes that track and respond to comments left by users. Before setting up your strategy for dealing with comments and testimonials, here are some things you should be aware of:
- Treat your clients! The best way to avoid negative comments is to satisfy your customers best and if not, to deal with any possible dissatisfaction as soon as possible.
- Set up a schedule that allows you to regularly follow the sites on which you may have comments. Set up a process that will allow you to respond to critics
- Stay positive! It’s difficult, often a critic touches us personally, even if it is done against our company, we put so much of us. When you write your answer, stay professional and hitch to solve the problem
- Encourage the opinions of happy customers! Yes, it’s simple, but having many more positive comments decreases the impact of negative comments.
In general, people spend a lot of time on social networks! No doubt it is the case of your target. Internet users do not only go there to interact with friends and family but also to interact with companies and brands that interest them. This is an opportunity you must seize!
Do you want to improve your social media presence in 2020? Here are some ideas:
- Determine the social media that works best for you and your business. Facebook and Twitter are platforms that already allow you to reach a large number of potential customers, promote your services and interact with your ideal client. Other networks allow you to communicate differently, for example, Pinterest is ideal if your offer is very visual. Take a look at what is happening on different social networks and see whoever speaks to you the most before making your choice!
- Create your editorial calendar. If you create pages and profiles for your company, it is imperative to be present regularly and not to let your profiles die. People who follow you on social networks expect relevant information and regular updates from you. To maintain a constant flow of updates, an editorial calendar can help you
- Respond quickly to the questions you are asked. The social networks on which you decide to be present are somehow an appendix of your website. You must be as responsive on your networks, as on your site, or with your emails when it comes to meeting your prospects.
Use the tools that allow you to plan and automate
Do not miss the range of tools at your disposal to automate certain processes of your activity: publish on social networks, manage your appointments, schedule the publication of your blog articles, auto-responders, …
Use the results of your analysis tools to drive your strategy
Many entrepreneurs in Nairobi do not bother to put tools in place to track the results of their actions. In this case, how do you know if this is an action to be repeated or forgotten? Do not make this mistake and make sure you put in place relevant KPIs before starting your actions.